While on a weekend away with my family up the West Coast, I was inspired by my favourite sea urchins (which I have been collecting since I was about 10 yrs old!) This smoothie was so delicious and creamy, my whole family soon asked me to make them some glasses too (after all the “Shrek drink” jokes had subsided of course ? ). It has been a while since I’ve had a green smoothie and this delicious version has inspired me to start experimenting again with other green combinations (more to follow!) Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¾ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 small mango
- 1-2 large handfuls of baby spinach (I tried it with Swiss Chard as well, but found it too overpowering)
- 1 large piece fresh ginger peeled (about 1-2 cm – if you don’t like all the fibre, grate it instead of adding the whole piece – most of the fibrous strands stay behind)
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- 1-2 TBS sunflower seeds
- ¼ – ½ tsp turmeric (I used the TAKA Turmeric Golden Smoothie Superblend Mix)
- optional: 2 dates
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for a few seconds until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and drink immediately or pour in a bowl and decorate before serving. Enjoy!
Be sure to visit my blog for more healthy ideas: https://z4zest.wordpress.com
Hashtag Fusion: 9 Tips on How to Prolong The Shelf Life of Your Smoothie Bags