I made this simple meal while on holiday with my family, using just a few ingredients I found in the fridge. It took minutes to put together and is the perfect fuss-free, one-pan dish for lazy summer evenings. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 TBS mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp herb salt
- pinch of chilli flakes/cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed/grated
- small punnet of button mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 cups baby/rosa tomatoes, halved
- 2 TBS fresh thyme
- 1 or 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- Own choice of cooked pasta (I used gluten free chickpea pasta)
- optional: nutritional yeast/vegan parmesan (to sprinkle on top)
- Heat up coconut oil in a pan. Add garlic, mushrooms, mixed herbs, salt, chili flakes and turmeric. Saute for about 5min
- Add halved cherry tomatoes and fresh thyme and cook for a few more minutes until the tomatoes become slightly tender (about 5-10min)
- Turn off heat and add fresh baby spinach. Stir lightly until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Stir into cooked pasta and serve.
Be sure to visit my blog for more healthy ideas: https://z4zest.wordpress.com
Hashtag Fusion: How to Go Vegan and Still Get All of Your Nutrients